La Paz & Uyuni / Salt Flats Region - Education Seminnars
July 16 - July 25, 2018
Trip Code: BO0718
Team Size: 12 (Team Status)
Application Due Date: January 1, 2018
Acceptance Notification: January 15, 2018
Team Leadership: Pat Clutter
Minimum Donation amount: $3,500
Note: Applying for a team does not guarantee acceptance. All applicants will be contacted by Pat Clutter (firstname.lastname@example.org) to explain the qualifications for teaching classes on this trip
Project Helping Hands has been providing education and training seminars to the physicians, nurses, and medics over the past several years. In 2017 we are returning to Bolivia to provide Disaster Management, Nurse Trauma Program, a Full Day of Toxicology Program and a Neonatal Resuscitation Courses.
The courses will be presented in the cities of La Paz and Uyuni in the Salt Flats region.
Our team leader, Pat Clutter RN MEd CEN FAEN. will once again be managing this series of courses and selected professional instructors.
The primary focus for this team is to provide dictate and hands on education courses. We seek instructors to develop a Disaster Program, Nurse Trauma Course, the Toxicology Course and the neonatal/resuscitation course. These translators will have knowledge of medical terminology and will be capable of simultaneous bilingual English/Spanish translation.
Interested volunteers should contact our Team Leader: Pat Clutter email@example.com to discuss qualifications for inclusion as a team member in this trip and for questions that potential instructors/team members might have.
The team will arrive at the city of El Alto, Bolivia and will be transported to a hotel in the historic center of La Paz where the team will stay for three days leading the Education Symposiums. Seminars which will occur simultaneously in different locations. After teaching the courses in La Paz the team will be transported to Uyuni by Train. The team will stay in a unique hotel made of salt for another three days working and providing these educational seminars to health professionals of this region.
Once the seminars and the training in Uyuni are completed the team will participate in a one day visit to the Salt Flats region, Colchani and Fish Island and then will fly back to La Paz.
On the final day, the team will have a day to explore La Paz after a team evaluation meeting. The team will be transported to the airport for their flights home.
This trip requires a level of fitness to be able to participate in the activities as described
- Amount of in-country travel: The team will spend the first four days in the city of La Paz at the same hotel. On the fourth day the team will be transported by bus to the city of Oruro to connect to a train to Uyuni where the team will spend the last four days before returning to La Paz.
- Sleeping arrangements: Team members will stay in hotels during the whole duration of the trip with internet service available. Team members will be sharing rooms. For more information visit: Hotel La Casona in La Paz and Hotel Casa Andina in Uyuni/Salt Flats
- Running water/electricity: Running water and electricity will be available
- Physical requirements: Team members should be able to tolerate the weather and high altitude. Every member is responsible to take the necessary precautions for these conditions. La Paz lies at 12.500 feet. You will spend three to four days in each location. Climate conditions are moderate in La Paz characterized by essentially constant daily high temperatures around 55°F. The Uyuni/Salt Flats region is at 12, 319 ft. with an average temperature between 32 to 55 F.
- Transportation: A variety of transportation conveyances occur including bus, train and flight. When traveling to Uyuni, the team will take a bus fromLa Paz to Oruro for a 3 ½ hours distance where the team will then take a train to Uyuni for 6 hours.
Provided by Project Helping Hands
- Round trip Domestic Airfare (from a major airport, does not include regional airports)
- Round trip International Airfare (From USA departure point to destination country and return)
- All in-country Air and ground transportation (All transportation in La Paz and to and from Uyuni)
- All applicable VISA fees
- Airport departure taxes
- International Travel Insurance
- All meals included (except dinners. Does not provide for specialized diets such a vegetarian, vegan, gluten free)
- Housing while in our host country
- Project Helping Hands team deployment package (shirt, name tag, trip of intention and invitation letter)
- Transportation, meals and any fees associated with the one day sightseeing to the Salt Flats activity on the teams day off
Not provided by PHH
- Airline baggage fees
- Meals or lodging in the USA due to a forced layover
- Passport Fees
- Fees associated with vaccinations
- Personal gear
- Personal choice food or snacks either home or acquired within destination country
- Personal drinking water (We recommend that you maintain an adequate supply of water).
- Your personal choice activities on your free day in La Paz.
- Transfers to the Hotel- Airport (roundtrip)
- Guide services, tips.