Siem Reap - Angkor University and Rural Communities
February 23 - March 8, 2019
Trip Code: CB0219
Team Size: 15 (Check Team Status)
Application Due Date: November 20, 2018
Acceptance Notification starting on November 25, 2018
Minimum Donation Amount: $3,660
Team Leader: Kimonui Holgen
Note: Applying for a team does not guarantee acceptance. All applicants will be notified of their status of their application in the estimated date notification.
Project Helping Hands and the BFT organization in the Siem Reap area will work together for fourth consecutive year to provide healthcare services in rural communities and educational experiences to nursing students in Cambodia.
The team will fly in and out of Phnom Penh taking ground transportation to Siem Reap.
The team will provide health care and health education services in rural villages as well as education services at Angkor University and health education seminars at the BFT-Center complex.
There will be time allocated for the team will have the opportunity to visit historical sites, like the City of the temples of Angkor Wat.
After the trip is finished and Optional Extension trip will be offer to visit Phnom Pehn (Available in the website soon)
The primary focus for this team is to provide health education services. This trip is open for health care professionals including the following:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- EMS Personnel
- Non-Medical Support Personnel - Interpreters
We welcome both medical and non-medical volunteers with a spirit of adventure and determination to partake in a culturally sensitive growth opportunity while helping others in need of our services. Above all you must be willing to work as a team for the common goal of our mission.
This trip requires a level of fitness to be able to participate in the activities as describe:
Amount of in Country travel: Team members will travel via vans/buses from Phnom Penn the region of Siem Reap province where clinics and education seminars will be held to rural community. Also lectures seminars at the BFT-Center.
Sleeping arrangements: Accommodations will vary from staying at a hotels in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap , hostels outside the Siem Reap area, with all services provided while in the cities.
Running water/electricity: Will be available at all housing locations. Some clinic locations may not have electricity or running water but the team will carry sufficient water for personal and clinic purpose.
Physical Requirements: You should be in moderate to good physical condition for this trip. You will need to assist with moving baggage (medical/education supplies) on and off of transport vehicles and into education/clinic facilities. The weather will be warm to hot and humid.
Provided by Project Helping Hands
- Round trip Domestic Airfare (from a major airport, does not include regional airports)
- Round trip International Airfare (From USA departure point to destination country)
- All in-country air and ground transportation (All transportation while in our host country)
- All applicable VISA fees
- Airport departure taxes
- International Travel Insurance
- All meals and drinking water while in our host country (does not provide for specialized diets such a vegetarian, vegan, gluten free)
- Housing while in our host country (Varies depending on specific trip from Hotels to School house floors to camping)
- Project Helping Hands team deployment package (shirt, name tag,luggage tag, trip of purpose letter)
- Transportation, meals and any fees associated with planned cultural or historic visits
Not Provided by Project Helping Hands
- Airline baggage fees
- Meals or lodging in the USA due to a forced layover
- Passport Fees
- Fees associated with vaccinations or malaria prophylaxis
- Personal Gear
- Personal choice food or snacks either home or acquired within destination country
- Any costs incurred outside of Cambodia