Siem Reap - Angkor University and Rural Communities
February/ March 2019 (Dates to be confirm)
Trip Code: CB0219
Team Size: 15 (Check Team Status)
Application Due Date: December 8, 2018
Acceptance Notification starting on December 15, 2018
Minimum Donation Amount: TBD
Note: Applying for a team does not guarantee acceptance. All applicants will be notified of their status of their application in the estimated date notification.
Project Helping Hands and the Emergency Nursing Association (ENA) in partnership will work together for third consecutive year to provide educational experiences to students and medical professionals in Cambodia. This trip will work with the BFT organization in the Siem Reap area.
The team will fly in and out of Phnom Penh taking ground transportation to Siem Reap.
The team will provide health care and health education services in rural villages as well as education services at Angkor University and health education seminars at the BFT-Center complex.
There will be time allocated for the team will have the opportunity to visit historical sites.
The primary focus for this team is to provide health education services. This trip is open for health care professionals including the following:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- EMS Personnel
- Non-Medical Support Personnel - Interpreters
We welcome both medical and non-medical volunteers with a spirit of adventure and determination to partake in a culturally sensitive growth opportunity while helping others in need of our services. Above all you must be willing to work as a team for the common goal of our mission.
This trip requires a level of fitness to be able to participate in the activities as describe:
Amount of in Country travel: Team members will travel via vans/buses from Phnom Penn the region of Siem Reap province where clinics and education seminars will be held to rural community. Also lectures seminars at the BFT-Center.
Sleeping arrangements: Accommodations will vary from staying at a hotel in Phnom Penh to hostels in the Siem Reap area.
Running water/electricity: Will be available at all housing locations. Some clinic locations may not have electricity or running water but the team will carry sufficient water for personal and clinic purpose.
Physical Requirements: You should be in moderate to good physical condition for this trip. You will need to assist with moving baggage (medical/education supplies) on and off of transport vehicles and into education/clinic facilities. The weather will be warm to hot and humid.
Provided by Project Helping Hands
- Round trip Domestic Airfare (from a major airport, does not include regional airports)
- Round trip International Airfare (From USA departure point to destination country)
- All in-country air and ground transportation (All transportation while in our host country)
- All applicable VISA fees
- Airport departure taxes
- International Travel Insurance
- All meals and drinking water while in our host country (does not provide for specialized diets such a vegetarian, vegan, gluten free)
- Housing while in our host country (Varies depending on specific trip from Hotels to School house floors to camping)
- Project Helping Hands team deployment package (shirt, name tag,luggage tag, trip of purpose letter)
- Transportation, meals and any fees associated with planned cultural or historic visits
Not Provided by Project Helping Hands
- Airline baggage fees
- Meals or lodging in the USA due to a forced layover
- Passport Fees
- Fees associated with vaccinations or malaria prophylaxis
- Personal Gear
- Personal choice food or snacks either home or acquired within destination country
- Any costs incurred outside of Cambodia