Phnom Penh - Education Seminars and Rural Clinics
September 22 - October 6, 2018
Trip Code: CB0918
Team Size: 15 (Team Status)
Application Due Date: June 10, 2018
Acceptance Notification: by June 15, 2018
Team Leader: Kim Glenn
Minimum Donation Amount: $3,680.00
Project Helping Hands and the Emergency Nursing Association (ENA) in partnership will work together for fourth consecutive year to provide educational experiences to students and medical professionals with the University of Puthisastra and clinics/education in needy areas around the Phnom Penh area.
The team will fly into Phnom Penh where it will be headquartered for the majority of the trip. Depending on where the best locations for clinics are determined, there could be some overnight stays outside the city. Final daily itinerary will be confirmed much closer to the departure date. Clinics will be held together with Students and medical professionals from the University of Puthisastra.
The trip will be primarily half classroom teaching/labs and half clinics for the first week of the trip. The second week the team will travel to the rural area of Kratie where the team and the students of UP will held medical camps and work with the local hospital of the area.
There will be some time allocated to visit historical and cultural sites during the trip.
There will be an optional Extension trip after the trip is finished offered to our team members. Trip to Siem Reap visiting the Ankor Wat and other important sites. More details of this optional activity will be posted in our website.
The primary focus for this team is to provide health education services. This trip is open for ENA members and PHH health care professionals including the following:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- EMS Personnel
- Non-Medical Support Personnel - Interpreters
We welcome both medical and non-medical volunteers with a spirit of adventure and determination to partake in a culturally sensitive growth opportunity while helping others in need of our services. Above all you must be willing to work as a team for the common goal of our mission.
This trip requires a reasonable level of fitness to be able to participate in the activities as describe:
Amount of in Country travel: Team members will travel via vans/buses from the University where education seminars will be held to rural community locations to conduct health clinics.
Sleeping arrangements: Accommodations will vary from staying at a hotel in Phnom Penh to perhaps guest houses outside the city.
Running water/electricity: Will be available at all housing locations. Some clinic locations may not have electricity or running water but the team will carry sufficient water for personal and clinic purpose.
Physical Requirements: You should be in moderate to good physical condition for this trip. You will need to assist with moving baggage (medical/education supplies) on and off of transport vehicles and into education/clinic facilities. The weather will be warm to hot and humid.
Provided by Project Helping Hands
- Round trip Domestic Airfare (from a major airport, does not include regional airports)
- Round trip International Airfare (From USA departure point to destination country)
- All in-country air and ground transportation (All transportation while in our host country)
- All applicable VISA fees
- Airport departure taxes
- International Travel Insurance
- All meals and drinking water while in our host country (does not provide for specialized diets such a vegetarian, vegan, gluten free)
- Housing while in our host country (Varies depending on specific trip from Hotels to School house floors to camping)
- Project Helping Hands team deployment package (shirt, name tag,luggage tag, trip of purpose letter)
- Transportation, meals and any fees associated with planned cultural activity
Not Provided by Project Helping Hands
- Airline baggage fees
- Meals or lodging in the USA due to a forced layover
- Passport Fees
- Fees associated with vaccinations or malaria prophylaxis
- Personal Gear
- Personal choice food or snacks either home or acquired within destination country
- Any costs incurred outside of Cambodia