Extension Trip - Team Bolivia Semminar June 2018
Lake Titicaca , Capacabana, Pilkokaina Ruins and temples in Sun Island and Moon Island
Date: July 25 - July 28, 2018
This is an optional "Trip Extension" to the Lake Titicaca. Visiting archaeological ruins of Sun Island and Moon Island and the Sanctuary of Copacabana. This trip is available to team members. An additional minimum donation of $635.00 is required.
This extended trip option will include:
- One night lodging at Hotel Boutique "La Casona", La Paz (breakfast included)
- Two nights at Hotel Eco lodge "La Estancia" on the Sun Island
- Meals included during the trip except in the city of La Paz (as mentioned in the program)
- Private Transportation included between La Paz- Copacabana- Titikaka Lake- La Paz
- Boat transportation to visit the Ruins and the North Shore of Sun Island
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop off from La Paz - to LakeTitikaka
- Entry tickets to the Archaeological Ruins in Sun Island (North and South)
- Bilingual guide service (Spanish/English)
This extension Does Not Include:
- Meals while in La Paz city (Dinner on Saturday and Monday)
- Personal drinking water (We recommend that you maintain an adequate supply of water).
- Gratuities (optional) in Copacabana and Sun Island
- Your personal choice activities on your free afternoon in La Paz.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance (We recommend that you purchase your own trip cancellation insurance)
- Transfers from the Hotel to Airport
Day 1. La Paz -Copacabana- Sun Island (North side) - Overnight
Trip by private transportation from La Paz until Copacabana (3 ½ hours), a pleasant town in the shores of Lake Titicaca.
During the trip you will see the Andes Range until Tiquina strait for crossing the ferry boat and continue the trip to Copacabana. Visit to its sanctuary and the famous "Virgen Morena
Trip by boat crossing the Lake to the Island of the Sun (1 hour) until Huacani to have an Aptapi (typical lunch in the highlands), this trip continues by boat up till to the ruins of Pilkokaina Inca temple. Finally hike to La Estancia with a wonderful view of Lake Titicaca (1 hour approximately).
Included: Lunch (typical aptapi) and Dinner
Day 2. La Chinkana in Sun Island
Early Sunrise. Hike down through Yumani visiting the Inca stairs and the Water of the Eternal Youth. Trip by boat to the Island of the Moon for visiting the ruins of Iñak Uyu Inca temple (1 hour), next to the north by boat to Chincana ruins and the Sacred Rock (1 hour); short hike (45 minutes) to Challapampa, then Return to Ecolodge La Estancia with an optional hike up (2 ½ hours).
Afternoon free to enjoy the peace and beauty of this mystical place.
Included: Lunch and Dinner
Day 3. Sun Island – Moon Island – Copacabana – La Paz
Hike down through the village of Yumani in the Garden and stairs of the Incas, to take the boat to the Island of the Moon, visit the ruins of Iñak Uyu Inca temple, trip by boat to Copacabana (1 ½ hours). To finally take a private transportation to La Paz (3 ½ hours).
Free Afternoon in La Paz. We can assist you with some optional activities like visiting the "Teleferico" (Cable car)
Included: Breakfast and Lunch
Day 4. Return Flight Home
First Donation of $300. when you apply
Total Minimum donation (in addition to the BO0518 donations) of $640 by April 30, 2018
Sunset in Copacabana
Inca Staris - Yumani
Sun Island Temple