Phnom Penh - Education Seminars
October 14 - 29, 2017
Trip Code: CB1017
Team Size: 15
Application Due Date: July 10, 2017
Acceptance Notification by July 15, 2017
Team Leader: Kim Glenn
Deputy Team Leader: Rebecca Marden
Minimum Donation Amount: $4500.00 TBD
Note: Applying for a team does not guarantee acceptance. All applicants will be notified of the status of their application in the estimated date notification.
Project Helping Hands and the Emergency Nursing Association (ENA) in partnership will work together for third consecutive year to provide educational experiences to students and medical professionals with the University of Puthisastra and small communities in Cambodia.
This trip is Exclusive for ENA members.
The team will arrive in Phnom Penh late evening and be transportated to your hotel.
The following morning you will have a team orientation meeting that will cover in-country logistics, review of presentation topics, overall program review.
On the second day the team will start with Education Seminars with lectures and Labs to faculties and students at the University of Puthisastra for the next few days.
This team also will also have of rural clinics in Takeo Province where clinics will be held in community Pagodas. Clinics will be held together with Students and medical professionals of the University of Puthisastra.
Near the end of the trip the team will have the opportunity to visit historical sites.
The primary focus for this team is to provide health education services. This trip is open for ENA members and PHH health care professionals including the following:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- EMS Personnel
- Non-Medical Support Personnel - Interpreters
We welcome both medical and non-medical volunteers with a spirit of adventure and determination to partake in a culturally sensitive growth opportunity while helping others in need of our services. Above all you must be willing to work as a team for the common goal of our mission.
This trip require a level of fitness to be able to participate in the activities as describe:
Amount of in Country travel: Team members will travel via vans/buses from the University where education seminars will be held to rural community locations to conduct health clinics.
Sleeping arrangements: Accommodations will vary from staying at a hotel in Phnom Penh, Guest Houses in Takeo Province.
Running water/electricity: Will be available at all housing locations. Some clinic locations may not have electricity or running water but the team will carry sufficient water for personal and clinic purpose.
Physical Requirements: You should be in moderate to good physical condition for this trip. You will need to assist with moving baggage (medical/education supplies) on and off of transport vehicles and into education/clinic facilities. The weather will be warm to hot and humid.
Provided by Project Helping Hands
- Round trip Domestic Airfare (from a major airport, does not include regional airports)
- Round trip International Airfare (From USA departure point to destination country)
- All in-country air and ground transportation (All transportation while in our host country)
- All applicable VISA fees
- Airport departure taxes
- International Travel Insurance (Insurance does not include trip cancellation)
- All meals and drinking water while in our host country (does not provide for specialized diets such a vegetarian, vegan, gluten free)
- Housing while in our host country (Varies depending on specific trip from Hotels to School house floors to camping)
- Project Helping Hands team deployment package (shirt, name tag,luggage tag, trip of purpose letter)
- Transportation, meals and any fees associated with the one day sightseeing activity on the teams day of
Not Provided by Project Helping Hands
- Airline baggage fees
- Meals or lodging in the USA due to a forced layover
- Passport Fees
- Fees associated with vaccinations or malaria prophylaxis
- Personal Gear
- Personal choice food or snacks either home or acquired within destination country
- Any costs incurred outside of Cambodia